Sunday, November 14, 2010

Week 39 – Conversations

This week is a reflection of the many thoughts and concerns flooding my mind. There has not been one particular passage that “spoke” to me. It is more like a series of conversations with the Lord, as I contemplate (or worry about) all of the upcoming changes (labor, delivery, child-rearing, etc.). Here is what I mean:

I’m not sure I’m going to be able to do this naturally.

You can do all things as I give you the strength. Be content. Trust me. (Phil 4)

Even after all of the classes, how do I really instruct Reggie to help me thru the process of labor and delivery?

Pray without ceasing. Remind him to just pray over you when both of you are clueless. I know exactly what you need. (Ephesians 6, Psalm 139)

When is this baby going to come? What can I do to help the process? Which midwife will be on rotation?

All the days ordained for this baby have already been set. The baby will arrive when and as I have planned for the birth. (Psalm 139)

How are we going to do this?

I am with you always. Abide in me. Just pray and rest. (Matthew 28, John 15)

But how will things work? Scheduling? Finances? Growing in our marriage?

Trust in me with all your heart, lean not to your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Me and I will make your path straight. (Proverbs 3)

But, there are things that need to be different. How do we keep our child from making the same mistakes (or struggling with the same sins) we have made?

No one is righteous, no one. Raise the child in the way he/she should go, in awe, respect and healthy fear of me. Instruct him/her in my ways, and when s/he is old, they will not depart. Even if they wander, my Word does not return void. (Proverbs 22, Romans 3, Ephesians 6)

And, for those times when I still didn’t get it, I was reminded – again

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present your requests to God, and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding will guard your heart and mind in Christ” (Philippians 4:6-7)

In His arms,

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment