Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sovereign Rest

I'm finally doing it. Blogging.  
Over the years I have come to realize that I struggle with the issue of God's sovereignty. I know He is Supreme Ruler over all in charge of everything everywhere all the time. I know it, believe it...and yet fight it. Submission has always been a challenge for me (bless Reggie's heart). I don't have a problem with the idea of submission. I really think it's a great idea (I know, it's a biblical mandate). I have a problem with the thought of not being in control. That's where my struggle with sovereignty comes in. I am not in control. So, God is taking me on this journey (lifelong I'm sure), where He is teaching me that instead of painstakingly fighting Him, I can choose to peacefully rest in His sovereignty.  Join me...


1 comment:

  1. Funny how "submission" can become a 4-letter word to us, huh? And I don't mean l-o-v-e! Ha!

    Still learning...
    Robin W.

    ReplyDelete