Thursday, July 8, 2010

Week 9 - Grateful

There are so many emotions and thoughts that have run the course in my head and heart over the last few weeks. And I have shared some of them. However, perhaps the one that I have most neglected to give attention to is gratitude.

We know what it is to experience loss. We know what it means to have to patiently wait for God to do something we hope for, long for. We have experienced anticipation, joy, fear, anger, excitement, and sadness. But this week, the thought is gratitude.

I am grateful that God has allowed us to make it further along than we did in the past. I am grateful that He has entrusted us with this journey thus far. Though we don’t know what the future holds, the anticipation of what we hope to be humbles us, excited us! All I can humbly say is “Thank you”. I thank Him for the many people who have rejoiced over hearing our news. I am grateful for the prayers and hopes of a healthy pregnancy, delivery and baby. Perhaps more humbling has been the number of people who upon finding out we were expecting excitedly exclaimed, “I’ve been praying this for you all!” How awesomely, wonderfully, humbling to find out that unbeknownst to us, there has been a small army of people petitioning God, praying with us for this child. Our joy is theirs as well as they see an unselfish prayer answered.

This gratefulness is what I pray I move forward with in pregnancy. As I experience the nausea, weight gain, and general pregnancy experiences, I want to go forward remembering that this child is an answer to prayer- not just ours, but our "village" – our family. As I move forward, I will remember to “be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Gratefully resting,

Kim



No comments:

Post a Comment