Thursday, August 5, 2010

Week 22 –God Did It!

I smile as I reflect on what God has done. Entering into yet another ultrasound appointment, there were several concerns. The last two appointments revealed that the baby was significantly larger than he/she needed to be. This prompted concerns as to whether or not I was at risk for gestational diabetes. Another concern involved fibroids (I’m ok with sharing, if you’re ok with knowing- it’s part of the testimony J). There had been concern that the rate in which these benign tumors were growing would interfere with the baby’s growth and development, cause extreme pain, or interfere somehow with delivery.

Nevertheless, before I arrived at the appointment, I sent a quick text to few people asking them to pray. I asked that they would pray that the fibroids were smaller and that all was well with the baby.

So, as the sonographer completes the ultrasound, she comments, “I don’t know if it’s because I’m a different person who is measuring, but the fibroids look smaller”. To which I comment, “We prayed”. She states, “Hmmm, let me check something, maybe I’m looking at the wrong measurements. Wait, yes, they look smaller.” Again I say, “We’ve been praying.” With a perplexed look, she simply says, “Hmm…” At which point I smile, thinking, she still doesn’t get it. God did it.

Furthermore, she states, “The placenta (which nourishes the baby) is all the way on the left side”. She then marvels at the fact that it “planted itself” away from all of the fibroids – on the right. Again, God did it.

Next, the last two ultrasounds revealed the baby was in the 97th percentile. Ideal is between 10th and 90th. This third one showed 80th percentile.

Finally, my unspoken prayer request was that I would not have to return for more ultrasounds. They originally projected that I would need to come monthly. I thought “God, I pray I don’t have to return”. After she consulted the maternal fetal physician, she walks into the room – alone (that never happened before), and announced “The doctor is no longer concerned. We will not schedule another visit.”

To God be the Glory for the things He has done…

Kim

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! I had the same situation with my pregnancy and it's cool that the Lord worked it out for you!
    Rene G

    ReplyDelete