Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Week 25 - Do-Over

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son” Romans 8:28, 29a

This week I had the opportunity to redeem my previous week’s attitude. After 49 straight days of 90+ degree heat, the AC went out– again – after work hours - again. This time the temporary fix didn’t hold and we had to call in the professionals.

I am grateful to share that THIS time my attitude was better. No calling down the rapture. No constant grumbling. Simply quick prayers to ask that situation be resolved while remembering that pregnant women have survived heat for years.

It’s interesting really, how spoiled I am, how accustomed I am to the “creature comforts” that I have convinced myself are necessities. These last three years have been sort of a paradigm shift for me. God has revealed there are many things that I believed I could not go without, things that are in actuality, burdens. For example, the more I possess, the more I have to care for, clean, worry about, insure, etc. If God called us to move tomorrow, our first concern would be what to do with the “stuff” we have accumulated. I hold onto “stuff” thinking I will one day use it again, only to move it from one city to another in the same unopened box. When I think even more, I realize that many of my frustrations are the result of “stuff” not acting right, not being able to get or do the “stuff” I want when I want, or people not doing with their “stuff” what I think they should (i.e. slow, rude, or inconsiderate drivers).

So, I’m grateful for the do-over. Even in responding with patience, I’ve learned a little more about my heart issues. And, I’ve grown a little closer to looking more like Him.

Grateful,

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment