Thursday, October 14, 2010

Week 32 – It’s Not Fair

But as for me, it is good to be near God. Psalm 73:28a

Sometimes life is just like that. You simply have to come to the decision that regardless of how things look, how you may feel, how circumstances may or may not line up, there is a truth to hold onto. This truth is, it is good to be near God.

Life is unpredictable. There are times when you may look around and feel as though life is unfair. Truth is, life is unfair. If life was fair we would all be destined for a life separated from God in hell. If life was fair, the blessings we receive would cost us far more than they do. There would have to be a price to pay for waking up every morning with the ability to use gifts, talents, money, and our bodies without so much as a thought towards the One who made this all possible. No, life isn’t fair. A fair God would not have allowed His perfect, sinless Son to die on a cross for our sin. Not a sin, but all sins, yours and mine. No, He is not fair, but He is just, and He is merciful, kind and loving. He loves people. But, He does hate sin. Period. There are negative consequences for sin, for which if He was fair, we would have to suffer ALL of them.

So, in those times when I have been tempted to throw a tantrum and “walk away” because life hasn’t quite lined up the way that I want, or because the path has a few more bumps and curves than I am accustomed to, I remember David’s words in Psalm 139 “Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there, if I make my bed in the depths, you are there, If I rise on the wings of the dawn or settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.” (Psalm 139: 7-10).

In other words, the safest, best place for me to be in the midst of joy and sadness, ups and downs, blessings and challenges is near God. He is there anyway, I simply must chose to acknowledge Him and bask in His presence.

Praying to draw nearer,

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment