Thursday, October 21, 2010

Week 34 – Who Knew…

Here we are, just weeks away from our due date. It has been an amazingly, unbelievable ride. As I reflect on the last 30+ weeks, I am awed. First, I cannot believe how quickly the time has passed. It feels like yesterday that I checked the second test (yes, the second J) that confirmed “positive”. From the outset of this pregnancy, Reggie and I just sensed that this pregnancy would be different. And God has graciously allowed it to be so. We are grateful.

I get overwhelmed when I think of all that He has done.

Who knew that in the midst of struggling to conceive, He would grant me the opportunity to return “home”, joining a team ministering to young ladies in the country that holds my heart –Ghana? He did. While there He graciously allowed me to use my gifts and passions, while teaching me lessons about His power, the importance of prayer and fasting, and how vital it is to abide in Him, always. And within two weeks of returning, we conceived.

Who knew that along the way God had placed us on different people’s hearts and minds. They were moved to pray for us while we were in the process of conceiving, even those who had no idea we wanted children. Their stories and enthusiasm has been an encouragement to us, while seeing their prayers answered has uplifted them.

Who knew that as we desired that I would stay home, yet were unsure of how that would work, I would be laid off, at 4 months pregnant. BUT GOD opened doors that led to positive changes in Reggie’s employment, 2 months before the baby is due.

Who knew that God would have people gift us with things for the baby long before we even knew we needed them. As we took inventory on what we have, we sat in awe of His provision. He has taught us that His provision comes in many different ways, from the hands of many different people. Thanking God for the obedience of His people.

And, as I sit here I realize that only God knows what is in store for our family's future. We could not have created the path we have walked thus far. Yet, at each turn we have clearly seen His hand, in the challenges as well as the blessings. I am grasping an even deeper meaning of, “For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you, not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future…” Jeremiah 29:11

And we trust that this is just the beginning.

Gratefully His,

Kim

1 comment:

  1. How fitting indeed! Glad the journey has been a great one for you and Reg. God is good.

    Who knew that He would bring us together the way He did and bless me with your friendship? Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete