Saturday, October 30, 2010

Week 36 – For His Glory

I am FINALLY realizing that this journey in pregnancy has not been about Reggie and I. Yes, God knows how to give good gifts, and this He is doing as He knits our child together. Yes, children are a heritage from the Lord. We are given the charge to train this child and raise him/her up in the teachings and awe of the Lord. But this journey has been about even more.

In the past, I have read about the miracles God performed in the Bible with awe and gratitude. I have imagined being in the recipients’ shoes, thinking how amazing it would be to watch Him part the Red Sea, bring water from rocks and bread from heaven. I’ve thought about how grateful I would be to be one of those who was blind, and made to see, or lame and made to walk, or Lazarus who was raised from the dead. And then I realized. As awesome as these miracles were, regardless of how much they benefitted the recipient, the ultimate goal of such miracles was that God would receive glory – that people who did not know Him, or did not believe in Him would come to know, love and follow Him.

And so it is with this pregnancy. I have heard more stories of people who have been praying for this season in our lives. Praying that we would conceive again, praying for a healthy and uneventful pregnancy, praying for healing when I had the bout with fibroids, praying that we would go full-term and deliver a healthy, vibrant child. And I realized - this pregnancy is not about us. The anticipation we feel and the excitement we have as we look forward to becoming parents is a by-product of God receiving glory. At the end of this journey (and beginning of the next one in raising the child), God wants people to know Him more fully. He wants to be revealed as the One who creates life and sustains it. He alone provides for this child, through those who belong to Him and even those who do not. He not only hears prayers, but He answers them. He is faithful even when we are not. As we look towards what is potentially the last 4 weeks of this leg of the journey, I say “TO GOD BE THE GLORY, GREAT THINGS HE HAS DONE!”

For His Glory,

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment